Sanriku International Arts Festival Vertical “Coloring the Railroad” Sanriku by Three Photographers -Tatsuki Masaru Edition
This project invites three photographers to the Sanriku coast in 2021, 10 years after the earthquake. The three photographers, who have had a unique relationship with Sanriku, will each experience and capture the life, culture, and nature, among other things, in Sanriku from their own perspectives. Photographer Tatsuki Masaru will document local folk performing arts groups in Sanriku. His photographs and video interviews will be exhibited in Sanriku Railway cars. In March, a live talk session titled “Sanriku by Three Photographers” (Asada Masashi, Ishikawa Naoki, and Tatsuki Masaru) will be held.
Project: 2021 Japan Expo Sponsored and Co-sponsored Project, Sanriku International Arts Festival Vertical “Coloring the Railroad” Sanriku by Three Photographers
1. Photographer: Tatsuki Masaru
• Project Summary: Focusing on the folk performing arts of Sanriku, he will photograph folk performing arts groups.
2. Exhibition (Santetsu ART GALLERY)
• Dates: February 10 – March 3, 2022
• Location: Sanriku Railway cars and other locations
3. Live Talk Session
• Date: Saturday, March 5, 2022 (tentative)
• Location: Miyako Civic Cultural Hall